Monday, January 28, 2019

Who I Am With You by Robin Lee Hatcher


About the book:

For these two broken hearts, the first step toward love will be a huge leap of faith. 

Jessica Mason isn’t looking for love when she meets Ridley Chesterfield. Instead she is still reeling from the tragic, unexpected loss of her husband and daughter—and awaiting the arrival of her unborn child. Harboring the secret of her husband’s betrayal, her pain is deeper than anyone knows.

Ridley Chesterfield is hiding out in Hope Springs, Idaho, avoiding a political scandal and the barrage of false media headlines that have tarnished his good name. The last thing Ridley wants is a relationship—but when fate leads Ridley to form a friendship with his reclusive and pregnant neighbor, he wonders if this small-town hideout might be more of a long-term destination. 

When Jessica begins to read her great-grandfather’s Bible, she finds a connection with a man she never knew. Somehow the verses he marked and the words he wrote in the margins open her heart to healing. And as Ridley and Jessica help each other forgive the people who have wronged them, they must decide if the past will define them or if they will choose to love again. 

Who I Am With You weaves together a modern-day romance with Jessica’s great-grandfather’s story from the 1930s, reminding us that some truths can cross generations and that faith has the power to transform families forever.

My thoughts:

This is my favorite book penned by Ms. Hatcher! There is not one single thing that I didn’t love about this first book in her new series, A Legacy of Faith. I am a huge fan of a dual time lines and the author certainly did justice to this one by bringing all of her characters to life on each and every page.

Normally, I have a favorite time period or a favorite character or two but not in this book. I loved the present day storyline of Jessica Mason and Ridley Chesterfield just as much as I loved the storyline of Jessica’s great-grandfather, Andrew in the 1930’s. I have to admit that the struggles that Andrew faced during the Great Depression both financially and personally really got to me and I teared up quite a few times while reading what he and others went through during that time. It took me awhile to warm up to Helen, Andrew’s wife but once I did I genuinely liked her. Jessica will tug at your heartstrings, too as she faces life after the loss of her husband and daughter which of course made me get a little weepy. Ridley is the kind of neighbor and friend everyone needs in their lives but very few of us will be fortunate enough to have.

The characters experience unimaginable loss throughout both stories but with faith and forgiveness they leave their hurt and disappointment behind while looking forward to happy and brighter futures. I will remember these characters for a very long time and look forward to the next book in the series. I think that anyone who reads this book will be glad they did.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment