Friday, July 23, 2021

An Amish Flower Farm by Mindy Steele

She grows flowers.
He raises bees for honey.
They help each other out,
because that’s what neighbors do…

Belinda Graber loves growing flowers for her family to sell at the Amish marketplace. Venturing beyond the farm to sell them in town, though, is out of the question. People would stare at the birthmark on her cheek, and she’s dealt with enough teasing in her life.

As a beekeeper, Adam Fisher knows how blessed he is to live next door to the Grabers’ greenhouses and fields. But when his father is injured, Adam has to take a job at the local mill. How will he manage the honey harvest?

Adam and Belinda make a deal: if she tends his hives, he’ll sell her flowers in town.

Belinda’s sure that her growing feelings for Adam could never be returned. Meanwhile, Adam can’t help but notice how his shy neighbor charms the bees…or is he the one being charmed? Because his last courtship ended badly, Adam tells himself this arrangement is strictly business, even if Belinda is sweet as honey.

This uplifting Amish romance includes a free Hallmark original recipe


My thoughts:

I love finding a new to me author, especially this one because she has penned a beautifully written novel.  Ms. Steel crafted charming characters who stole my heart as soon as I met them and I really did feel like I met them, that’s how real they seemed.

I loved Belinda Graber and could easily imagine her tending to her flowers, they brought so much joy into her otherwise lonely life.  I felt so bad for all she had gone through because of a birthmark and the teasing she had dealt with since childhood.  I didn’t think I could love her anymore until I met Adam Fisher.  He was so sweet and kind to her just as she was to him.  I loved them separately, but absolutely adored them together.

Belinda and Adam are both hardworking, they have so much they want to accomplish, they just have to learn that’s okay to ask for help from others and more than okay to let your true feelings be known to others.   I loved seeing the growth in both of these characters and wanted them to live their best possible lives.  If you like a clean well written book with charming characters, you will definitely want to pick up a copy of this one.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley.  All opinions are my own.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment