Sunday, February 13, 2022

Along the Rio Grande (Love on the Santa Fe, #1) by Tracie Peterson


 Recently widowed Susanna Jenkins has decided to follow her family to the booming town of San Marcial, New Mexico, for a fresh start and to aid in her family's sudden change in fortune. They are tasked with managing her uncle's new Grand Hotel, and it takes all her patience to try to help her parents see the good of their circumstances and relinquish their sense of entitlement.


Owen Turner works as a boilermaker for the Santa Fe's train shops in San Marcial. He's immediately attracted to Susanna upon meeting her, but he hesitates to risk opening his heart again. Especially as painful memories are stirred up of his own late sibling when Susanna's brother is assigned to work under him.

When misguided choices put Susanna's family in an even more precarious situation, she needs someone to rely on. But if Owen can't face the past, he'll miss out on his greatest chance at love.

My thoughts:

This is a fantastic start to the new series by Tracie Peterson and I already think it’s going to be one of her best.  It was hard to stop reading it once I started, the characters practically jumped off the page and came to life before my eyes. Susanna Jenkins has a lot to contend with, not only is she a widow, but due to the challenges her family is faced with, she decides to move along with her parents and brother to make a new start in New Mexico. My heart went out to her for having to go through what she did, she deserves all the respect she finally received.  What a strong, dynamic lady she is.

I absolutely adored Susanna and once Owen Turner came into the picture, he was an instant favorite of mine. There is a strong message of faith woven in the storyline which is another thing I loved about the novel. The parents and son have led fairly charmed lives which led to their dismay when they check in at the Grand Hotel and discover the new tasks and responsibilities they must face. I loved the growth and changes the characters; it was such a wonderful part of the story.

I am already looking forward to the next book in the series. I think it will be another 5-star delightful read.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley.  All opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment