Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Up from the Sea (Whose Waves These Are 0.5) by Amanda Dykes

Book Description:

When Savannah Mae Thorpe visits her family in New England, she learns the future of the land she's inherited is in question. She finds help from a local lumberjack--who holds a shadowed past of his own--to discover the truth of a local legend and save her land. But her expedition may have unexpected ramifications on her life--and the lives of those around her. 

My thoughts:

Up from the Sea is the prequel to Whose Waves These Are, the debut novel by Amanda Dykes.  As far as novellas go this is easily one of the best that I have had the pleasure of reading.  The writing is top-notch with beautifully crafted characters.

The story takes place in  the1920's where Savannah Mae Thorpe is living in Maine with her uncle and aunt after losing her parents.   Savannah Mae was my favorite character that is until we get to know Alastair Bliss. I'm not normally a fan of lumberjacks but I was willing to make an exception for him.

This short story has everything a reader could ask for, a little bit of mystery, family dynamics, and a sweet romance.   Up from the Sea was a free book that I downloaded and I would encourage anyone looking for a good read to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment