Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Toxic Toffee (Amish Candy Shop Mystery #4) by Amanda Flower

I thought it was time to switch things up a bit so I decided to read a book by my favorite cozy author, Amanda Flower.


Book Description::

A sweet tooth for murder . . . 
 
Bailey King’s in New York wrapping up a six-week shoot on her first cable TV show, Bailey’s Amish Sweets, when she gets a call from her Ohio town’s resident busybody. With Easter around the corner, Bailey’s been recruited to create a giant toffee bunny for the weeklong springtime festival that will also feature live white rabbits. But back home in Harvest, death becomes the main attraction when Stephen Raber keels over from an apparent heart attack—with Bailey and Raber’s pet bunny as witnesses.
.
Except it wasn’t Raber’s heart that suddenly gave out—a lethal dose of lily of the valley was mixed into a tasty piece of toffee. Who’d want to poison a jovial rabbit farmer who reminded Bailey of an Amish Santa Claus? To solve the murder, she and her sheriff deputy boyfriend Aiden must uncover a twenty-year-old secret. She’ll need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep a healthy distance from toxic people, including one venomous killer . . .  

My thoughts:

When I'm in the mood for quality cozy reading, Amanda Flower is my go to author.  I know that I am in for a treat when I open one of her books and she certainly doesn't disappoint in Toxic Toffee.  With her sharp wit, her lovable characters and her knack for keeping me guessing who done it and why, the author makes it such fun to return to Harvest, Ohio.  I feel at home there with Bailey, her grandmother, her friends and the precious animals she finds herself surrounded by.  This time around, it's bunnies and I mean lots of bunnies. 

Bailey's candy making skills are top-notch and she's always commanded, I mean invited to participate in the towns festivities and when a giant bunny is needed for the springtime festival, she springs into action.   Between her candy making, solving a murder and caring for the rabbit of the deceased Amish man she has a pretty hectic life.  Now let's be clear, murder is not a laughing matter until Bailey gets involved, then I find myself laughing at the situations she finds herself in.  

This series wouldn't be complete without the returning cast of funny and delightful characters like Jethro the comfort pig and his owner, Juliet  who loves to wear polka dot clothing and kitten heels. Juliet wants her son to marry Bailey as much as I do and when she isn't busy helping the reverend at their church she is very vocal about her wishes.  

I loved everything about this book and highly recommend it.  There are a couple of things to keep in mind before starting it though like getting settled in your comfiest seat with some chocolate and carving out some serious reading time because you will not want to put this book down. 

I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley and was under no obligation to write a review.  All opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment