Sunday, July 28, 2019

Convenient Amish Proposal by Jan Drexler


Book Description
Suddenly a Mother

When Bethany Zook's childhood friend returns to Indiana Amish country a widower, with an adorable little girl in tow, she's willing to aid him in any way. But there's just one thing Andrew Yoder needs--a mother for little Mari. And he seems convinced Bethany is the answer, just as she's sure any union between them would be one strictly of convenience...

Andrew thought Bethany had married another. Now, determined to keep Mari despite his mother-in-law's interference, he offers Bethany marriage in name only. But she's quickly becoming more than a housekeeper and a mamm. Can he leave the past behind to claim a family of the heart? 
Paperback, 288 pages
Published February 5th 2019 by Love Inspired Historical 

Buy the book on   Amazon        

My thoughts:

Amish fiction and Historical fiction are just two of my favorite genres.  A storyline with both?  Well yes and thank you very much!  I loved this book by Jan Drexler, she is the author of one of my all time favorite series which happened to combine Amish and historical fiction so when I started reading this book it was love at first page.
Set in 1934 this is the story of Andrew a widower who returns to his family farm with his adorable little girl, Mari.  Bethany who is his childhood friend is still living on her families neighboring farm. I loved Bethany, her father and brothers immediately. Andrew has a meddling mother in law like none other I have ever seen.  Rose thinks she can swoop in and determine the best course of action in the lives of Andrew and Mari and I have to say, Bethany is much more patient than I am for putting up with so much.  

As a fan of a marriage of convenience stories this is one is so well written and has charming and less than charming (at times) characters and I have already recommended it to my sister and am now taking this opportunity to recommend it to other readers. I could not put this book down until I finished it so I ended up reading it in one day.
Overall, Convenient Amish Proposal is a book that I absolutely loved and when I read the authors note at the end of the book that this story was inspired by her grandmother's life, I found myself loving it even more.  Ms. Drexler's writing is amazing, her knowledge of the Amish, the time period she chose and her character development are the reasons why this book will be on my keeper shelf.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment