Monday, October 21, 2019

Hope's Highest Mountain (Hearts of Montana Book One) by Misty Beller

Book Synopsis

On her way to deliver vaccines to a mining town in the Montana Territory, Ingrid Chastain never anticipated a terrible accident would leave her alone and badly injured in the wilderness. 

When rescue comes in the form of a mysterious mountain man, she's hesitant to trust him, but the journey ahead will change their lives more than they could have known.

My thoughts:

I have to admit that this is the first book that I have read by Misty Beller and I realize that I am one of the very few readers to say this, but I will also admit that I will remedy this situation immediately because after finishing this novel, I am eager to read more of her work.

I am a huge fan of historical fiction and as soon as I saw the cover and read the description, I knew it would be a story that I would love but I didn't realize just how much I would love it.  The author deftly weaves a story of hardships, faith and perseverance as Ingrid Chastain and Micah Bradley face harsh weather, illness, and injury to keep a life-saving promise made by Ingrid's recently deceased father.  What these two go through is definitely not for the faint of heart but given the time period, they had no choice and they did everything humanly possible to accomplish what they set out to do. Survival was key but certainly difficult with the challenges they faced in this gripping story.

The friends they make along warmed my heart and made me wish for the group to live their best possible lives because they sure went through some difficult time to get where they needed to be. I loved everything about this book which is why I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  Opinions expressed are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment