Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Keeping Her Close -A Pacific Cove Romance by Carol Ross

BOOK SUMMARY:

Hired to protect her

…unable to resist her

The job sounds simple: teach a businessman’s daughter how to stay safe. But former navy SEAL turned bodyguard Kyle Frasier has a personal motive, too. Harper Jansen is his late best friend’s fiancée. Loyalty demands he protect her, not that Harper looks in need of rescuing. In fact, it’s Kyle who needs help—balancing duty with his desire to build a life with the one woman he shouldn’t want…

My thoughts:

Harper Jensen is funny, sweet and the daughter of a billionaire who happens be in need of a bodyguard.  The bodyguard chosen for the job just happened to be the best friend of her deceased fiancee.  I normally shy away from books about billionaires because, the few that I have read haven't been too interesting to me, but this one held my attention throughout.

Harper isn't the typical spoiled little rich girl that I expected to see, she is an independent young woman who focuses on her photography and she not at all self absorbed.  She's kind of a free spirit, she has odd hours due to her photography, the complete opposite of Kyle Frasier.  He's much more regimented and has to adhere to Harper's unusual schedule because that's part of his job after all.  Kyle is charming and takes his job seriously but keeping Harper safe is quite a challenge for him at times which made this such a fun and really interesting read.

Ms. Ross actually did the impossible by making me genuinely like a billionaire daughter and her father when she crafted the Harper family. Kyle and his family were easy to love, too and I am so glad that I decided to read this fast paced and cleverly written book.

My thanks to the author and Prism Book Tours for the complimentary copy of Keeping Her Close.
All opinions expressed are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment