Sunday, February 9, 2020

From Sky to Sky (No Less Days #2) by Amanda G. Stevens

Book Synopsis

Zac Wilson can’t die.

Daredevil Zac Wilson isn’t the first celebrity to keep a secret from the world, but his might be the most marvelous in history: Zac doesn’t age and injuries can’t kill him. What’s more, he’s part of a close-knit group of others just like him.

Holed up in Harbor Vale, Michigan, Zac meets two more of his kind who claim others in their circle have died. Are their lifetimes finally ending naturally, or is someone targeting them—a predator who knows what they are?

The answers Zac unearths present impossible dilemmas: whom to protect, how to seek justice, how to bring peace to turmoil. His next action could fracture forever the family he longs to unite. Now might be the time to ask for help. . .from God Himself. But Zac’s greatest fear is facing the God he has run from for more than a century.

My thoughts:

I didn't realize that this was the second book in the series, so I was a little confused when I first starting reading it but after a few chapters the story started to make sense to me.
It's a bit different from the books I usually read, it's good to go outside of your comfort zone as far as I'm concerned.
The story of the small group of longevities who were given a serum in the 1800's was interesting but as I got into their story I actually pitied them after awhile.  It isn't their fault that they are immortal and as odd as I found that, I also changed my mind about finishing the book or not,  I decided to finish it am glad I did because there were enough twists and turns that this a worthwhile read.

Although I didn't feel a connection to any one character I found something to like about each of their stories and that's what got me through the slower parts of this novel.  This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Stevens and I am curious to read more of her work in the future because she made me think of my own life in a different way because we never know what the future holds.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are completely my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment