Friday, May 29, 2020

Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey by Abigail Wilson

BookDescription

When the widowed Lord Torrington agreed to spy for the crown, he never planned to impersonate a highwayman, let alone rob the wrong carriage. Stranded on the road with an unconscious young woman, he is forced to propose marriage to protect his identity, as well as his dangerous mission.

Trapped by not only the duty to her country but her limited options, Miss Elizabeth Cantrell and her illegitimate son are whisked away to Middlecrest Abbey by none other than the elder brother of her son’s absent father. She is met by Torrington’s beautiful grown daughters, a vicious murderer, and an urgent hunt for the missing intelligence that could turn the war with France.

 Afraid of what Lord Torrington might do if he learns of her son’s true identity, Elizabeth must remain one step ahead of her fragile heart, her uncertain future, and the relentless mystery person bent on her new family’s ruin.

My thoughts:


Abigail Wilson is officially one of my favorite authors and I say this after having read this book, but I truly love her writing.  I’m a huge fan of Regency, as I believe she is because her writing is superb.  


From the first page I knew this book would be hard to put own and it was but sometimes life 
demands you do thing other than reading, but I have made my peace with that so after accomplishing what I needed to accomplish, it was back to Middlecrest Abbey with Elizabeth, Adrian and a   whole host  of wonderful  characters.  There is the perfect mx of family dynamics, new beginnings, secrets, mystery and of course romance.   What you would expect in a Regency but this one is just captured my heart. 


There are a few plot twists which is always fun, the inner strength of Elizabeth made me want all the best she could find in life and Adrian is an amazing character.  I can’t think one single thing that I didn’t love about this book. Thank you to the publisher for the copy I received through Netgalley.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment