Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Line by Line (Love Along the Wires #1) by Jenifer Delamere

Book Description

Years of hard work enabled Douglas Shaw to escape a life of desperate poverty--and now he's determined to marry into high society to prevent reliving his old circumstances. But when Alice McNeil, an unconventional telegrapher at his firm, raises the ire of a vindictive co-worker, he must choose between rescuing her reputation and the future he's always planned.

My thoughts:

What a fantastic start to the new series Love Along the Wires by Jennifer Delamere.  I loved the story of Alice McNeil and Douglas Shaw; she is a young telegrapher who is far more interested in a career than  l marriage and children while he is concerned with his social standing and desperately wants to marry into high society.  That’s one of the many things I loved about this storyline because in most novels the situations are reversed. 


There was only one character in the story that I didn’t like but he is supposed to be unlikeable, so kudos to the author for crafting him perfectly because I truly found him to be so annoying.  I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the other characters and am anxious to read their stories as the series progresses.  I found this to be a delightful and well written novel, full of humor, hard working delightful characters with a sweet romance.  If you are a fan of historical romance novels you will want to get a copy of this one.


I voluntarily reviewed a copy from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment