Saturday, August 8, 2020

Love and a Little White Lie by Tammy L. Gray


Book Description

After hitting rock bottom, January decides she has nothing to lose in working at her aunt's church--while hiding a lack of faith. A minor deception until she meets the church's guitarist and sparks fly. Can she avoid disaster--especially when a handsome landscape architect has an annoying ability to push her to deal with feelings she'd rather keep buried?

My thoughts:

This is the first book that I have ready by this author so I had no idea what to expect, so I was excited to discover that I really loved this book.  I read quite a lot but this book is unlike any other I’ve read in a very long time. Yes, there is a bit of family drama, yes there is a new girl in town after a bad breakup but our protagonist, January has a secret that she hopes her new coworkers, especially Cameron won’t discover. I imagine it would be difficult for a person who is skeptical of faith to take a job in a church but that’s exactly what she does.

I have to admit that I was a bit nervous for January at times as she went about her daily activities and as she became friends with people in the community but at times she was quite helpful to those around her which made me like her much more than I thought I would.  There were parts that were sweet and some parts had me laughing which I really enjoyed.

Overall, I thought the writing and pacing were pretty terrific, the characters were realistic and I could imagine meeting them at some point in my life.  I will be reading more of this author work because this novel was so enjoyable.

I received a copy from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment