Tuesday, September 8, 2020

A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers 3) by Roseanna M. White

 

About the book

He sees patterns in what she deems chaos.
She sees beauty in a world he thought destroyed.

Zivon Marin was one of Russia’s top cryptographers until the October Revolution tore apart his world. Forced to flee to England after speaking out against Lenin, Zivon is driven by a growing anger and determined to offer his services to the Brits. But never far from his mind is his brother, whom Zivon fears died in the train crash that separated them.

Lily Blackwell sees the world best through the lens of a camera and possesses unsurpassed skill when it comes to retouching and re-creating photographs. With her father’s connections in propaganda, she’s recruited to the intelligence division, even though her mother would disapprove if she ever found out.

After Captain Blackwell invites Zivon to dinner one evening, a friendship blooms between him and Lily that soon takes over their hearts. But both have secrets they’re unwilling to share, and neither is entirely sure they can trust the other. When Zivon’s loyalties are called into question, proving him honest is about more than one couple’s future dreams–it becomes a matter of ending the war.

 

My thoughts:


I have loved this series by Ms. White, each book just gets more interesting and keeps me turning pages long after I should be going to bed.  A Portrait of Loyalty went above and beyond my expectations, maybe it’s because I realized the series was ending or maybe because I loved the storyline and the characters much more than I anticipated.

I loved Lily because I found her photography skills to be amazing, her job fascinating and her family relationships pretty interesting.  I loved Lily even more with Ziovon and found their relationship to be so tender and sweet. It was also nice to see characters from the first books, making this reader feel like I was reconnecting with old friends.  This book has everything I wanted and more from romance, sadness, illness, hope and good solid writing. A Portrait of Loyalty is a novel that will stay in my heart for quite a long time.

I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley.  All opinions are my own.

Meet the author


Roseanna M. White is a bestselling, Christy Award nominated author who has long claimed that words are the air she breathes. When not writing fiction, she’s homeschooling her two kids, editing, designing book covers, and pretending her house will clean itself. Roseanna is the author of a slew of historical novels that span several continents and thousands of years. Spies and war and mayhem always seem to find their way into her books…to offset her real life, which is blessedly ordinary. You can learn more about her and her stories at www.RoseannaMWhite.com.



Purchase links

Amazon      Barnes & Noble      Christian Book       Roseanna's Shop (signed)


Follow Roseanna on social media

Blog     Facebook     Pinterest     Instagram     Twitter     Website



 


No comments:

Post a Comment