Friday, February 12, 2021

God Made Us Just Right by Allia Zobel Nolan - Illustrated by Katy Hudson

 

                                                                           About the book

"How come puppies get to bark, but kittens can't? Why do elephants have such long trunks when other animals don't risk tripping over their noses? What's the point of all these differences? Through playful illustrations of animals and warmhearted words in rhyme, young children will see God as their loving creator. God Made Us Just Right helps them realize that God has a reason for creating us just the way we are. Kids who are always asking, "Why, Mom?" and "How come, Dad?" will easily relate to the back-and-forth question-and-answer format. It's a book the whole family will enjoy"


My thoughts:

I was surprised and delighted when I saw this book since it's been several years since I was a child.  The description is correct in stating it's a book the whole family will enjoy.

The illustrations are amazing and the animals are brought to life, in a cute, sweet way, I loved that the storyline makes both young and not so young celebrate how we are all unique, both animal and human.  I think it is a perfect gift for the children and parents in your lives.  I think it would make an extra special gift to tuck in with a baby shower gift, too.

This is truly a lovely book and would make a perfect gift.  I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment