Thursday, April 29, 2021

Pine Creek Courtship (Pine Creek #1) by Amity Hope


 

Love may be right around the corner in the heartwarming, sweet, and gentle Pine Creek series from Amity Hope.

After the death of her beloved father, Emma Ziegler just wants to keep her family’s maple syrup farm afloat and raise her two young siblings. But when her meddling aunt’s first choice of a husband for her turns out to be Emma’s last choice—Pine Creek’s most notorious bachelor—Emma grows desperate. Her aunt won’t listen, no matter how much she tries to tell her the man in no way embodies the Amish values of faith or hard work.

Kind and industrious Levi Bontrager has always wanted to protect his best friend Emma, even after a secret from their youth left them growing apart. Which is why he steps in to claim that Emma cannot wed anyone else, as she is currently courting him. Yes, the small lie leaves him feeling guilty, but Levi’s hope is that if he can win back the beautiful Emma’s trust, he can also win over her heart...for real.

But can a courtship that began just for show ever blossom into a true romance that could save both their futures?
 

My thoughts:

Amity Hope is a new to me author, since Amish fiction is one of my genres, I knew I wanted to read this novel.  I am so glad that I did.  Not only did I find a new author but I found a wonderfully written story with a whole cast of likable characters and community to immerse myself in.  I felt at home there and will gladly revisit at my earliest opportunity.

I adored Emma Ziegler, her siblings and Levi Bontrager. There is of course a bit of sadness as Emma’s father has died and she’s left with more responsibility than she should have for someone so young.  The story isn’t new but the storyteller is and she added her unique skills to this sweet, heartrending novel.

Kudos to Amity Hope for crafting such a perfectly paced story that I will read again and highly recommend to others. I look forward to the next book in this series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment