Monday, April 25, 2022

The Rancher's Want Ad Mix-Up by Megan Besing


 A mail-order mistake…


Or a made-to-be match?

When Della Mae Wagner’s train arrives in Missouri, she’s shocked to find that the couple who hired her don’t just want a teacher for their grandsons but a wife for their son! After a broken engagement, marriage is not in Della’s plans. And Hank Lamson isn’t pleased—with his parents, with his unexpected guest or with Della’s unfairly appealing smile. But his plans to send her packing are foiled as his family comes to love her…and he feels the walls around his wounded heart to start to fall.

My thoughts:

The Rancher’s Want Ad Mix-Up is one of my favorite books that I have read this year.  I absolutely adored Della Wagner and my heart broke for her after she discovers that the want-ad she has answered is not for a teaching position but for a bride.  Unfortunately, she isn’t the only one in the dark because Hank Lamson has no idea his parents placed the ad.

I loved the Lamson family, the parents are sweet, well-meaning people who want the best for their widowed son and their three adorable, albeit at times naughty grandsons.  Poor Della has to prove to Hank that she is more than capable and qualified to teach his children, even after getting off to a rocky start.  The love and genuine affection that is shown to Della by the kids and parents is unexpected and something she is unaccustomed to.  If only Hank would open his eyes and his heart, they could be the family they all so desperately need.

This book has more than a few surprises which made for such a wonderful and thoroughly satisfying read. Kudos to the author for crafting memorable characters, a lovely setting and a heartwarming storyline. I look forward to reading more of this authors work.

 I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.  All opinions are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I'm so glad you like Della as much as I do 💗

    ReplyDelete