Saturday, April 15, 2023

Finding Us (Pictures of the Heart #2) by Tracie Peterson


 One candid photograph will change the lives of four people forever.


While taking photographs at an exposition in Seattle in 1909, Camera Girl Eleanor Bennett snaps an image of a woman in widow's clothes with deep sorrow etched in her expression and a young infant in her arms.

Eleanor longs to study botany at the University of Washington and soon becomes fast friends with botanist Bill Reed, but she can't stop thinking about the widow in the photograph. She is stunned to learn Bill recognizes the woman as the sister-in-law he believed lost in a shipwreck.

As Eleanor and Bill hunt for Amelia Reed to reunite her with her grief-stricken husband, they must stand together to face the danger that follows and learn to trust that God will direct their paths.   

My thoughts:

In this second book in the Pictures of the Heart series we reconnect with characters from the first book and meet several newcomers.  I love the suspense, a little danger but most of all the sweet romance that have played an important role both novels.

I loved returning to the exposition in 1909 in Seattle, the detailed descriptions made me feel like I was seeing the sites, getting caught up in the excitement of the visitors while trying to find out if one of the missing characters would be found. This is a story filled with loss, faith, new found love and the hope of being reunited with a loved one. There is just enough of suspense and romance that me fully engaged throughout.  I loved the characters, except for the deranged creepy one, but he did add an intriguing element to the plot.  I look forward to the next book in the series.

I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley. Opinions are my own.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment