Saturday, April 15, 2023

In This Moment (Timeless #2) by Gabrielle Meyer

 

Maggie inherited a gift from her time-crossing parents that allows her to live three separate lives in 1861, 1941, and 2001. Each night she goes to sleep in one time period and wakes up in another. Until, that is, she turns twenty-one, when she will have to forfeit two of those lives--and everyone she knows in them--forever.

In 1861, Maggie is the daughter of an influential senator at the outbreak of the Civil War, navigating a capital full of Southern spies and wounded soldiers. In 1941, she is a Navy nurse, grappling with her knowledge of the future when she's asked to join a hospital ship being sent to Pearl Harbor. And in 2001, she's a brilliant young medical student, fulfilling her dream of becoming a surgeon, yet unable to use her modern skills in her other paths.

While Maggie has sworn off romance until she makes her final choice, an intriguing man tugs at her heart in each era. The mysterious British gentleman. The prickly, demanding doctor. The charming young congressman. She's drawn to each man in different ways, only complicating the impossible decision she must make, which looms ever closer.

With so much on the line, how can Maggie choose just one life to keep and the rest to lose?


My thoughts:

I loved the first book in the Timeless series so I was curious to find out if this novel would be as amazing, and it exceeded my expectations. Each of the three timelines held my attention throughout the entire book, they moved seamlessly, they were all intriguing, each of the supporting characters were interesting and the storylines were masterfully written.

I loved Maggie in 1861 where she is the daughter of an influential senator, Maggie the Navy Nurse in 1941 and the medical student, Maggie in 2001.  All of those were trying times in history and I loved how she navigated through each time period, I certainly didn’t envy her lives or the choice she would have to make by her when she turns 21.  I was both surprised and happy with the choice she ultimately made.

Overall, I thought this was a fascinating novel with well-crafted characters and three amazing storylines. I strongly recommend reading both books in the series because they are terrific.

I received a copy from the publisher though Netgalley.  Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment