Friday, March 29, 2019

Easter Bride: A Sweet Romance by Shanna Hatfield


About the book

Will meddling matchmakers make a perfect match?
Piper Peterson loves the small community of Holiday, Oregon. She resides there at a beautiful, old farm where she’s surrounded by animals she’s rescued. And she manages the feed store that’s been in her family for more than a hundred years. Despite her contentment with life, her grandfather’s plans to sell the store and farm leave her future up in the air. When a sly matchmaker works to set Grandpa up with the perfect woman, Piper jumps at the chance to lend a hand. But the last thing she expects is to fall in love while helping her grandpa find happiness.
Stuck at a crossroads in his life, Colton Ford can’t decide which direction to head. Then an invitation to stay at his brother’s ranch in Holiday provides an opportunity Colt can’t pass up. He hopes time spent at the Flying B Ranch will help him clear his head and sort out his life. Before long, he finds himself entangled in a matchmaking plot involving his widowed aunt and a charismatic old gent. When he agrees to give the budding romance a nudge, he has no idea the man’s delightful granddaughter will capture his heart.
A heartwarming story filled with country charm, laughter, and hope, Easter Bride is sure to bring readers the joys of budding spring and sweet romance.

My thoughts:
I am a bit embarrassed to admit this but I didn't realize this was the third book in the Holiday Brides series by Ms. Hatfield when I started reading, Easter Bride. I only mention this because this book is so good that I am sorry I missed reading the first two but I will be reading them as soon as possible.
I absolutely adored Piper Peterson from the start and could imagine being friends with her.  She loves animals so much that she has rescued quite a few of them. she loves living in a small town and the girl has a flair for decorating that made me want to visit the feed store she manages.  I loved the way the author described the antiques she used in some of her displays so that I could visualize them.  I love her kindness not only for animals but for her aging grandfather as well.  
Now there has to be a hero for the heroine, right?  Of course and boy did the author create the perfect one in Colton Ford! .  They first meeting is a bit off putting to him but I sure had a good laugh and that's when I realized how much I liked her. I'll just say there is a pig pen, mud and a goat involved making Piper not nearly as beautiful as Colton had been led to believe.
The community of  Holiday is filled with fun, lovable and quirky characters who happen to have each others backs and are not opposed to offering sage advice to those they think need it.  Family, friends and neighbors are always important in a storyline and the author highlights and nurtures these relationships in the quick and fun read.  If anyone is looking for a fast weekend read, I highly recommend this one.
I received an e-copy from the author and was under no obligations to write a review.  All opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment