Monday, March 25, 2019

The Sorekeeper's Daughter (Daughter's of Lancaster County #1) by Wanda Brunstetter


About the book:

Time seems to stand still in Naomi Fisher's tranquil community, but it cannot hold back tragedy. Helping her widowed father run a store, manage a household, and raise seven children is a daunting task. There is no time to think about courtship or having her own family, though her heart yearns for the attention of Caleb Hoffmeir. But her days are plotted for her-until the afternoon her baby brother disappears from the yard.

 How can Naomi expect anyone to love and trust her if she can't take care of one small boy? Should she leave all that is familiar and seek a new avenue of life? 

The Storekeeper's Daughter is book 1 in the Daughter's of Lancaster County series. Other books in the series include The Quilter's Daughter: Book 2 and The Bishop's Daughter: Book 3. 

My thoughts:

This is not only one of my favorite books by this author but also one of my favorite series penned by Ms. Brunstetter.  I loved the Fisher family from the start but my heart ached for them when tragedy strikes their family with a loss that leaves behind a widowed father and eight children. 
Naomi was my favorite character and I couldn't imagine living the life she led with such huge responsibilities and stepping into adulthood while being so young.  

Just when I thought their grief couldn't get any worse I soon found out that it could and did when Naomi's baby brother is taken from their yard.  I felt so bad for this family for having to go through another devastating loss one that no family should ever have to experience.  What really added to my sympathy for Naomi was the fact that she had dreams of marriage and starting a family of her own and yet she's questioning if she's capable of  earning the trust of anyone after what happened to her baby brother.

The Storekeeper's Daughter is filled with characters that will stay with you for a long time just as they have with me.  I read this book and the series when they were first released but I read them again when I found out that, Stolen a musical based on this series would be in Lancaster county this summer and that I have the opportunity to see it.  

Overall, this is a storyline is interesting, full of twists and turns  but also one that will make you thankful for the people in your lives.  



No comments:

Post a Comment