Sunday, May 26, 2019

More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family #2) by Karen Witemeyer


Book Description

After being railroaded by the city council, Abby needs a mans name on her bakery's deed, and a man she can control, not the stoic lumberman Zacharias who always seems to exude silent confidence. She cant even control her pulse when she's around him. But as trust grows between them, she finds she wants more than his rescue. She wants his heart. 


Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by Bethany House Publishers (first published June 2019)

Links to purchase     Amazon        B&N

My thoughts:

Oh how I loved this book!  This is the second book in the Patchwork Family series and one of my most anticipated reads of 2019, partly because I have often thought of Zach since meeting him in More Than Meets the Eye and I have been waiting for his story but mainly because I love anything written by Karen Witemeyer.  

Abby was instantly likeable and her story made me so glad that I live in a world where it's perfectly acceptable for women  to own a business without having a man's name to put on the deed.  That's  how things were during the 1800's and since her father's death the city council started giving her a hard time. So, what's a single woman  who owns and operates a successful bakery to do?  Well, she decides to enter into a marriage of convenience which adds several humorous interactions with a couple of the single men in town.  My goodness, Abby is determined she is not giving up her bakery and livelihood without a fight and that's when I rooted for her to have the best life had to offer her.

Things didn't  get off to a good start as Abby went through the list of suitable men to marry, there were some duds who frequented her bakery but there was that one man she thought would be a good choice.  Unfortunately he disagreed much to my disappointment but luckily Abby has a sister who  has her back so that was a wonderful surprise when she pays Zach a visit.   Zach has changed so much since the first book and the change has been positive making this readers heart so happy. I have admired the sacrifices he made for his Patchwork family and was so happy to reconnect with Evangeline and Seth.  I didn't always condone Zach's behavior but knew he had little choice in how he provided for his family.

I think the author strikes the perfect blend of humor, love of family and faith in this wonderful story.  This could be read as a standalone but I recommend reading  the books in order to fully appreciate the characters and the fantastic writing of Ms. Witemeyer. 

I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley but was under no obligation to write a review.  All opinions are my own. 







No comments:

Post a Comment