Saturday, May 18, 2019

Sing a New Song by Candee Fick


Book Description:

The pampered diva is about to meet her match.

Songbird Gloria Houghton has always needed to be the center of attention, but the spotlight has shifted. Seeking fame and a fresh start, she finds a new stage in Branson, Missouri…only to risk being replaced by a manipulative rival. If Gloria can’t be the star, who is she?

Jack-of-all-trades Nick Sherwood is just one leaf on a vast family tree that includes a restaurant chef, hotel owners, and even the headline act at a family-owned theater. He’s seen how fame can blind a person with jealousy and is more than content to stay in the background thank you very much. If only he wasn’t so fascinated--and irritated--by the newest addition to the staff.

After a disaster of a first impression and financial difficulties land Gloria in the humblest of jobs—with Nick as her boss—it might be time for her to learn to sing a new song.

If you like strong families, country music, and redeemed villains, then you’ll love this next chapter in The Wardrobe series by Candee Fick.

My thoughts:

I had been waiting for Gloria's story for so long.  She's been the one character throughout the Wardrobe series who annoyed me so much.  Is it terrible that I wanted her to get her comeuppance?  Well of course it is, but I'm only human and she's fictional so maybe it's not so bad after all.

Something happened to me while reading this book and I owe it all to the writing of Ms. Fick.  You see, I actually started to like Gloria and I thought her move to Branson, Missouri was just the reality check she needed to become the humble young woman who she became.  She had to perform menial tasks before rehearsing and performing in the family-owned theater where she worked.  I have to admit to respecting her for doing what she needed to do in order to survive and realize her dreams.

This series has focused on family and friends from the very beginning but in this one I liked the family dynamic more than I thought I would.  The Sherwood family are hardworking and down to earth. I loved them all but have to say Nick is my favorite.  He's kind, caring, funny and the true friend Gloria needs as she makes a fresh start in Branson.

Although this is the third book in the series I think it can easily be read as a standalone and if you like sweet clean reads I recommend this one.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book and was under no obligation to write a review.  All opinions are my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment