Monday, January 20, 2020

Rosanna's Gift by Susan Lantz Simpson

Book Description

In Southern Maryland's serene Amish country, one young woman's life is changed by an unexpected request . . .

"She's yours." Until now, Rosanna Mast's hopes for the future have all revolved around handsome Henry Zook. But when a young Englisch girl places her newborn daughter in Rosanna's arms and utters those words, shock quickly turns to fierce, protective devotion. Between helping her midwife mamm and caring for her own siblings, Rosanna has plenty of experience with babies. And who wouldn't love a sweet-natured boppli like little Mollie? Yet to her dismay, Henry has no intention of ever taking on another man's child. Instead, it is steady, thoughtful Paul Hertzler who becomes Rosanna's staunch supporter.

Paul knows he should have acted sooner on his feelings for Rosanna. Now, as her dream of adopting Mollie meets unexpected hurdles, he sees a way to help. Rosanna would do anything to keep baby Mollie--perhaps even agree to marriage. But will Rosanna continue to hold him at arm's length, or see that he longs to offer her the love and family she deserves?

My thoughts:

I have read several books penned by Ms. Simpson and have to say I enjoy her writing so much.  I live near and shop in the community she writes about in her books so that's another reason I have been drawn to her novels.
Rosanna's Gift is my favorite novel penned by Ms. Simpson because the storyline was intriguing from the very beginning. I know that young women who cant' keep their babies put them up for adoption but I was totally unprepared for a mother to give her baby to a young Amish woman. especially since the young Amish woman was just as shocked as I was.  Rosanna was chosen by the unwed mother to care for and raise her child which was heartwarming after it was revealed why the mother chose her. 

Rosanna's family was supportive by offering to help her in any way they could and she is going to need a lot of emotional support when the baby's aunt decides she wants to be involved in her nieces life. .Paul is one of my favorite characters, he's a person outside of the family who proves he'll be there for Rosanna and Mollie no matter what.  I loved his devotion to them and how he stood by Rosanna no matter what she was facing.

I was fully engaged from the first page to the last page in this well written and interesting novel.  I look forward to reading more from Susan Lantz Simpson. For fans of sweet, clean and Amish fiction  this book would be a perfect read and is suitable for readers of all ages.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this novel.  All opinions are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment