Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The Little Book Bookshop on the Seine by Rebecca Raisin

Book Description

Bookshop owner Sarah Smith has been offered the opportunity to exchange bookshops with her new Parisian friend for 6 months! And saying yes is a no-brainer – after all, what kind of a romantic would turn down a trip to Paris? Even if it does mean leaving the irresistible Ridge Warner behind, Sarah’s sure she’s in for the holiday of a lifetime – complete with all the books she can read!

Picturing days wandering around Shakespeare & Co, munching on croissants, sipping cafĂ© au laits and people-watching on the Champs-Elysees Sarah boards the plane. But will her dream of a Parisian Happily-Ever-After come true? Or will Sarah realise that the dream isn’t quite as rosy in reality…

My thoughts:

I had heard so much about this book so when I had an opportunity to read it, I decided it would be a fun read, which it was.  I liked the premise even if it seemed a bit far-fetched to me but it turned out to be a rather interesting and a pleasant light read.

I liked Sara and the passion she has for books but boy is she in for a surprise when she meets the staff she manages in the Paris book shop.  I had to sympathize with her at first but after awhile it got on my nerves to  see her try so hard and not gain any respect for the first few chapters.
As the story progressed, I did become more interested and started to enjoy her adventures and the relationships she had with her new friends.

Overall, this was an enjoyable  book to read with a few likable characters and wonderful descriptions of Paris.
I received an e-copy from the publisher and have given my honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment