Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Happy Camper by Melody Carlson

Book Description

Home is the place to heal, right? At least, that's what Dillon Michaels is hoping as she leaves her disappointing career and nonstarter love life behind to help her grieving and aging grandfather on his small Oregon farm.

 The only problem? Her eccentric mother beat her there and has taken over Dillon's old room. After a few nights sleeping on a sagging sofa, Dillon is ready to give up, until she receives an unlikely gift--her grandfather's run-down vintage camp trailer, which she quickly resolves to restore with the help of Jordan Atwood, the handsome owner of the local hardware store.

But just when things are finally beginning to run smoothly, Dillon's noncommittal ex-boyfriend shows up with roses . . . and a ring. 

My thoughts:

First of all I think this has got to be one of the most cheerful, fun covers that I have ever seen.  I was delighted to get my hands on this book and had such a wonderful couple of days reading it.
Melody Carlson writes books that make me smile and occasionally make me laugh out loud .  
The Happy Camper is one of those books.  Dillon, her mother and grandfather are terrific characters and made me want to get to know them.

With everything going on in the world today this was a perfect escape. making me  actually wanting to go outside, see different places and meet warm, funny sweet characters like  Jordan Atwood, Dillon's grandfather and see vintage campers that are lovingly restored by the owners who love them so much.
I'm not an outdoors kind of person and I have never gone camping but Ms. Carlson's writing made it seem like a whole lot of fun.  

I don't blame Dillon for taking off for her grandfathers farm, her boyfriend was a piece of work and the job situation isn't so good either, so off she went to reconnect with her family.  Between her mother planting lavender and not doing much else, everything  falls on Dillon to take care of around the house.  I was just as happy as she was when she was given camper and I could easily imagine her excitement  as she went to work making it into the home she wanted and needed.  
This is such a charming storyline that I was sorry to see it end but I know that the next book Ms. Carlson releases will be just as charming and sweet as this one.
My thanks to the publisher for a copy.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment