Monday, April 20, 2020

Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses #3) by Jen Turano

Book Description

When Beatrix Waterbury's train is disrupted by a heist, scientist Norman Nesbit comes to her aid. After another encounter, he is swept up in the havoc she always seems to attract--including the attention of the men trying to steal his research--and they'll soon discover the curious way feelings can grow between two very different people in the midst of chaos.

My thoughts:

I get giddy with excitement when I start reading a book by Jan Turano because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it’s going to be amusing and hard to put down.  In Storing Up Trouble, Miss Beatrix Waterbury is on a train to Chicago to stay with her eccentric aunt when she encounters robbers but thanks to her refusal to hand over a cherished possession  and assistance from a fellow passenger named Norman Nesbitt, they are able to thwart this most dangerous not to mention inconvenient situation.  

Norman is a sheltered gentleman, he’s great with math equations but sorely lacking in other skills such as small talk and horseback riding as Beatrix soon learns when they hop off of the train to escape the robbers who are trying to steal Normans research.   No worries though because Beatrix is there to help him maneuver the things he needs help with.  The description of him riding a horse had me laughing so loud that I woke my cat up. Speaking of cats there are a lot of cats in the storyline which is another humorous and clever aspect.

We all need a pleasant diversion these days and I cannot think of a better one right now than reading this book by Ms. Turano. I absolutely adored Beatrix, Norman and every other character in this book. The story flows at a perfect pace, there’s a bit of mystery with hilarious situations all blended perfectly in this must-read novel.  Jen Turano is a masterful storyteller and one of my must-read authors.  This is the third book in the series but can be read as a standalone but I recommend reading all three because they are truly fantastic.
I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley.  All opinions are completely my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment