Friday, August 16, 2019

Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano


Book Description

Raina Bretton is a rag woman in London's east end when a handsome stranger appears in a dank alley and offers her a glittering smile and a chance for adventure. Rothburne Abbey has a unique position for her, one that will take her away from her hardscrabble life and give her a chance to be a lady. Things she could only dream of might be coming true. But some dreams turn out to be nightmares.

Though Raina has traded squalor for silk and satin, something about the abbey is deeply unsettling. As she wrestles with her true identity, the ruin, decay, and secrets she finds at the heart of the old mansion tear at her confidence and threaten to reveal her for who she really is. Only one man stands between her and the danger that lurks within--and only if he decides to keep her biggest secret hidden.

My thoughts:

I was in the mood for something different so I was glad to have the opportunity to read an ARC of Finding Lady Enderly.  This is the first book that I have ready by this author so I had no expectations although I have heard wonderful things about her writing and after reading this book, I have to agree with other readers, Ms. Politano is truly gifted.

Raina Britton is a unique character and that's why I liked her so much.  She's much more brave than I would ever hope to be but our circumstances are different.  I have never been in her situation so I have no idea how she desperate she must have been to escape her life as a rag woman and to accept the offer of a stranger to provide an adventure she would never have had if she chose to stay in her neighborhood.  Would I have had the nerve to throw caution to the wind and go off with a complete stranger?  No, I would not but I'm sure glad she did!

Raina has lost her one true love, Sully who was killed at sea so she figures she has nothing to lose as she embarks on her new adventure.  Sometimes things aren't what you expect them to be but you sure meet a lot of interesting people along the way.  This novel is filled with mystery, secrets, and incredible characters.  Finding Lady Enderly is a cleverly written novel which I enjoyed immensely. 

I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley,  All opinions are my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment