Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Healing Jar (The Prayer Jar # 3) by Wanda E. Brunstetter


Book Description

What if you have waited to find love only to be rejected when it finally comes?

Lenore Lapp is an Amish schoolteacher in her late twenties still living at home with her parents and grandparents. She thought love had passed her by until she meets Jesse Smucker, a widower with a baby daughter. She quickly falls in love with them both and accepts Jesse’s proposal of marriage, but Jesse breaks off their engagement when he realizes he can’t marry only for convenience.

Resigned to living single, Lenore throws herself into caring for her elders. While working in her grandmother’s garden, she digs up an old jar. Will Lenore find healing for her broken heart and solve long-buried family secrets by reading the note contained inside?

My thoughts:

The Prayer Jar series has been another wonderful one by Wanda Brunstetter but I have to say that the third and final book, The Healing Jar is my favorite book in the trilogy.  Time moves on, things change but the one constant theme in the series has been family, faith, forgiveness and love.

Willis and Mary Ruth Lapp (the grandparents) are the epitome of who I imagine when thinking of the Amish, they are wise. caring and have hearts full of love for everyone they meet and boy have they had to put those traits to use with the people that have come into their lives!  Fortunately, Sarah and Michelle have moved on with their husbands and are more settled which left Lenore to help Mary Ruth care for Willis.  

I kind of adored Lenore from the beginning but once she met Jesse and started taking care of his baby, I really loved her.  Jesse is a young widower who is new to the community so I could easily imagine the offer to help him. I loved their storyline, it's fraught with highs and lows, but that's life, right?  That is one of the reasons why I enjoy this authors writing, she places her characters in realistic situations where things aren't always perfect but she gets them to where they are meant to be and I am always happy with the outcome.  Oh, about those jars we have been reading about?  The last one has been found and if you are curious about the importance of them in the three books then you should definitely read the series.  I think you'll like it.

I received a copy from the publisher and was under no obligation to write a review.  All opinions are my own.









No comments:

Post a Comment