Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Cousin's Promise by Wanda Brunstetter

Book Description

When a horrific accident cripples Wayne Lambright, he finds it difficult enough to take care of himself, much less Loraine Miller, his future bride. Will he sacrifice his happiness to give her a better life? Having already been jilted once, Loraine is terrified of yet another rejection. But does she love Wayne enough to marry him, for better or worse? When her old boyfriend Jake Beechy returns from exploring the English world, he hopes Loraine will give him another chance. 

Will she renew their love or wed Wayne as promised? How will God work to give Loraine the desires of her heart.

My thoughts:

I read this book in December 2014 but read again recently when I was going through some of my older books.  I have been a fan of this author for quite some time and this series was one of my favorites.

The story moves a great pace and the characters are well developed as I have come to expect from Ms. Brunstetter.  The decision  made by the group of friends to go to an amusement ends in tragedy as the vehicle they are in is involved in a terrible accident which leaves one of the crippled.  The troy follows his recovery and how he deal with his new way of life is realistic and heartbreaking at the same time.

Overall, I found this novel to be one worth reading once again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment