Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Major's Daughter(Fort Reno #3) by Regina Jennings

Book Synopsis

Caroline Adams returns to Indian Territory craving adventure after tiring of society life. When she comes across swaggering outlaw Frisco Smith, his dreams to obtain a piece of property on the Unassigned Lands are very persuasive. 
When the gun sounds, they find themselves battling over a claim--and both dig in their heels.

My thoughts:

The Fort Reno series is one of my all time favorite series and as sad as I am to see it end, The Major's Daughter is a fantastic conclusion.  Ms. Jennings always pulls me into her story and she has made me laugh several times while reading her novels. She doesn't disappoint in this one.


I absolutely adored Carolyn Adams, she is no shrinking violet that's for sure, in fact she is quite the opposite.  She knows what she wants and she is bound and determined  to get it. I always admire a spunky. hard working lady and Carolyn is the epitomizes  that.  I was surprised that she would be one of the many people participating in the land run but rooted for her success, even though I was sad for Frisco Smith who also wanted the land that went to Carolyn. I found Frisco to be an endearing character and I liked him more as the story progressed.  I have read of land claims but Ms. Jennings writes a fun, humorous story, while staying with the facts of just how difficult it must have been. Not everyone was honest and there were cheaters and some disappointments but that was the reality of that time.


Fort Reno has been one of my favorite places to visit and where I have met characters who will stay with me for a very long time. If you haven't read this or the first two books in the series, I can highly recommend them.  Ms. Jennings is one of my must read authors and I look forward to her future work.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment