Sunday, December 29, 2019

Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes #1) by Susan Sleeman

Book Description

When cybercriminals hack into the U.S. Marshal's Witness Protection database and auction off personal details to the highest bidder, FBI Agent Sean Nichols begins a high-stakes chase to find the hacker. 

Trouble is, he has to work with U.S. Marshal Taylor Mills, who knows the secrets of his past, and  the seconds are ticking down before someone dies.

My thoughts:

Seconds to Live the first book in the Homeland Heroes series by Ms. Sleeman is a fantastic read. The novel is fast-paced and action packed. The premise of hacking into the Witness Protection database, though frightening to imagine was incredibly interesting and held my attention throughout.  

Taylor Mills and Sean Nichols had been communicating with each other online which I thought was a nice touch and helped explain their friendship which seems plausible given their  careers.  I can easily imagine how they would have had that interaction and made their face to face meeting natural and less awkward.  It made their attraction to each other believable because of their communication with each other.
I loved seeing different agencies working together to protect witnesses and to find who the hacker is. There is a lot of hard work and dedication that goes into what they do to keep us safe. 

Overall, Seconds to Live is an interesting, suspenseful  novel that I really enjoyed and recommend to readers  of this genre. I look forward to the next book in the series to find out what's in store for the Homeland Heroes.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment