Monday, February 11, 2019

A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor # 2) by Kristi Ann Hunter

About the book:
Daphne Blakemoor was perfectly happy living in her own secluded world for twelve years. She had everything she needed—loved ones, a true home, and time to indulge her imagination. But when ownership of the estate where she works as a housekeeper passes on, and the new marquis has an undeniable connection to her past, everything she's come to rely upon is threatened.

William, Marquis of Chemsford's main goal in life is to be the exact opposite of his father. Starting a new life in the peace and quiet of the country sounds perfect until his housekeeper turns his life upside down.

They've spent their lives hiding from the past. Can they find the courage to face their deepest wounds and, perhaps, find a new path for the future together?

My thoughts:

A Return of Devotion is the second book in the series and I suggest reading the first one before beginning this one to familiarize yourself with the characters and their history.  Although if you want to jump right in with this one than I know you'll fall in love with this wonderful novel.
Just when I think that Ms. Hunter cannot top the last book she's written, she proves me wrong.  Every single time!  I'm okay with that and it makes me appreciate her work more with each book she writes. 

This novel is one that is meant to be read slowly and thoroughly so you won't miss one incredible detail.  From beginning to end I found myself caught up in the lives of Daphne, William, Benedict and the other characters so lovingly crafted by the author.

I absolutely adored Daphne.  She takes her responsibility seriously,  she's fiercely protective of the those she loves, a little shy and is a bit fanciful at times.  William is perplexed from the time he meets Daphne and his small household staff.  The humorous thoughts he has coupled with the clever exchanges with Daphne are highly entertaining.  There is so much more to this story than witty banter, there are life changing decisions both Daphne and William have to make.  Their
journey is emotional and beautifully written.  This is a book that I can say without a doubt is a must read.

I cannot wait to read the next book in the series to find out what Ms. Hunter has in store for her readers.
I received a copy from the publisher and was under no obligation to write a review.  All opinions are my own.








No comments:

Post a Comment