Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Bride of Ivy Green (Tales from Ivy Hill # 3) by Julie Klassen


Book Description:

Much has happened in idyllic Ivy Hill in recent months, and while several villagers have found new love and purpose, questions remain--and a few dearly held dreams have yet to be fulfilled.
Jane Bell is torn. Gabriel Locke is back and has made his intentions clear. But Jane is reluctant to give up her inn and destine another man to a childless marriage. Then someone she never expected to see again returns to Ivy Hill. . . .

Mercy Grove has lost her school and is resigned to life as a spinster, especially as the man she admires seems out of reach. Should she uproot herself from Ivy Cottage to become a governess for a former pupil? Her decision will change more lives than her own.

A secretive new dressmaker arrives in the village, but the ladies soon suspect she isn't who she claims to be. Will they oust the imposter, or help rescue her from a dangerous predicament?
In the meantime, everyone expects Miss Brockwell to marry a titled gentleman, even though her heart is drawn to another. While the people of Ivy Hill anticipate one wedding, an unexpected bride may surprise them all.

Don't miss this romantic, stirring conclusion to Tales from Ivy Hill. 


My thoughts:

I have missed Ivy Hill so very much and even though I knew this was the last book in the series, I really couldn't wait to revisit this lovely village . I fell in love with the characters in the first book and with each book I found myself loving them more and more.

The  friendships have been enduring no matter the circumstances the characters found themselves in.  Through good times and bad times they have been there for each other which is something that I absolutely loved.  I have been partial to Jane but have been curious as to what would happen to Mercy since she lost her school in the last book.  I really wanted her to have the best life she could, and was counting on the author to give me the best outcome for all of the characters that I came to love.  

I only sat down to read for a few minutes but before I realized the time had flown by and I read half of the book in one afternoon.  I'm sorry to say goodbye to, Ivy Green but I'm sure glad I became acquainted with this lovely place and its lovely characters.

I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley and was under no obligation to write a review.  All opinions are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment